Friday, February 22, 2008

Those Fucking New Jersey Mooches

Haven’t done one in a while, so this Friday’s AOTW (album of the week) dates all the way back to the crescent years of post high school education at MATC. At this point, pop punk was all there was in terms of my choices of music. To somewhat honor that, our current weekly pick will reflect that all but forgotten time of innocence and budding mental growth.

Bouncing Souls by Bouncing Souls, released in 1997 is an exciting little collection of rock out songs about girls and throwing toilets off the roof. Part of me misses a time when music (and life for that matter) wasn’t all that complicated. Ah, the adolescent years.

I’d first heard of the Bouncing Souls by the older brother of my close friend RAR. I was told that if I liked NOFX then I should dig the Bouncing Souls. He was right; I did, and still do. A few years after my initial introduction to the group, YIFTM correspondent Grease and I caught a live show at the Rave in Milwaukee. We were both pleased with what we experienced and were determined to see them every time they came to town. I’d say that within a 2 year period we saw them maybe close to 4 times.

For the younger JDot resting just below the surface, and for the practice of appreciating the foundations of tomorrow, we here at Yeah, I Figured That Much salute the Bouncing Souls and their album, (properly titled) Bouncing Souls.

2 comments:

gdub said...

Life generally doesn't get that complicated when you're stoned 22 of the 24 hours in a day.

JDot said...

What man?

It's cool.